Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hamburger. Blech.

OMG. I went to pick up some groceries this morning at Market Basket. While there I saw one of the meat guys putting out some steaks. So, I asked the $64,000 question: Is there any of that "pink slime" in MB's hamburger? He looked at me in horror and said they would never, ever sell any meat that had been sprayed with ammonia. *Their* slime was far superior, being treated in some very scienti...fic manner and would never, ever make anyone sick. By the time he was done describing it, you'd think it was hamburger prepared for the royal scions of the House of Windsor. And--you ready for this?--they've been using it since 1993. I don't object so much to the ammonia spray as I do to the fact this crap has been scraped up off the tables, saws, and God knows where else and instead of being put into a can of Alpo, it's sitting in my refrigerator.

2 comments:

Dixiejet said...

Omg !!!! That's disgusting !!!

Dixiejet said...

Omg !!!! That's disgusting !!!