Sunday, March 4, 2007

It's An Ill Wind That Blows No Good. . .



When I took Anna home Friday, her mother and I got on the subject of Chinese food. I thought Jack might like some chow fun for supper, so decided to stop at the Joyce Chen Chinese grocery in Amherst, NH on the way home to pick up some fresh rice noodles if they were available.

Not only were they not available, the entire damn store was gone! I haven't cooked Chinese food for over a year so they must have closed sometime recently. What a disappointment. While I was bemoaning the loss of fresh rilce noodles, I noticed a new consignment store in the same little strip mall--quelle joy!! It was 4:30 and the place closed at 5 pm, but I can cover a lot of ground in 30 minutes as can any female shopper worth her Visa card. Omigod, this place is heaven! Such gorgeous jewelry and inexpensive to boot. I immediately spotted a small two shelf bookcase I desperately needed AND I came across one of the nicest Canadian rockers I've seen. The chair was $168. and is currently selling at Babies R Us for $449. Needless to say I bought both items! Jack didn't get any chow fun, but I got a "new" glider and bookcase for our bedroom. I think I got the better part of the deal.

I need to go get some sleep so I'll have the strength to clean this pig sty tomorrow. Got to put the plow attachment on the vacuum cleaner. . . My big ol' Maine Coon, Jake, is keeping the bed warm for me!

March is Patrick's month for all of us Micks. Time to break out all my green "stuff" and my Irish jokes.

Six retired Irishmen were playing poker in O'Leary's apartment
when Paddy Murphy loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his
chest, and drops dead at the table.

Showing their respect for a fallen brother the other five continued
to play, standing, until Michael O'Connor looked around and says
"OK me lads, someone has to tell Paddy's widow. Who will it be?"

They drew straws and Liam Gallagher picked the short one.

They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation
any worse.

"Discreet? I'm the most discreet Irishman you'll ever meet.
Discretion is me middle name. Aye, leave it to me".

Gallagher goes over to Murphy's house and knocks on the door.

Mrs. Murphy answers and asks what he wants.

Gallagher declares "Your husband has just lost $500 and is afraid
to come home."

"Tell him to drop dead!" says Murphy's wife.

"I'll go tell him." says Gallagher.

G'night all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That chair looks super comfy and what a cute kitty!

Juliet said...

That is my chair!! My mother (Chris) stole it right from under my nose. The cat is mine too!! She'd be lost without her kitty!!
Love you mama!

Juliet said...

I have first dibs on that chair! My mother (Chris) stole it right from under my nose!! The kitty is mine too!! That is my baby boy Jake! She'd be lost with out him. He's on loan for awhile!