Sunday, March 11, 2007

Quiet Weekend at Home


Well, it's Sunday night, and I'm on duty tonight. Let's see--Sunday night is Pharmacy order night. Another night in Paradise, I can tell.

Didn't do too much this weekend. Slept until 10:30 on Saturday, showered and went down to Trader Joe's to do a little shopping. Got a few DVD's on the way home (Jack was down in Boston until 11 pm) and watched Queen Elizabeth I with Helen Mirren. She also gave a great acting performance as Queen Elizabeth II, so I was looking forward to seeing QEI. I've done a fair amount of reading about the Tudor dynasty: Henry VII, Henry VIII ("I'm 'enery the eighth I am, 'enery the eighth I am, I am. I been married to the widow next door, she's been married seven times before. And every one was an 'enery, 'enery. . . " I'm sorry--I digress. ) Bloody Mary I, and Elizabeth I. They were a very interesting family who lived during a time period that straddled the medieval world and the coming of modern times. The first one was a tightwad of the first water, the second a megalomaniac with an eating disorder, Mary was a religious fanatic who delighted in burning those who disagreed with her, and Elizabeth...well, she just didn't want to share the power, so she didn't get married. More power to her.

I just watched "The New World" with Colin Farrell. Spare yourself. It was so long that if I'd watched it to its end, I'd have died of old age. Jack and I went out for lunch today and then took a nice walk down both sides of Main St. in Nashua, looking in the shop windows, poking around in the Russian grocery store. Jack and the store clerk had to resort to sign language since the lady only spoke Russian. Talk about entertaining--Jack ended up with 2 slices of Russian cheese instead of the half pound of Russian ham he first asked for. He finally did get the ham--in one solid piece. I love going into that store...they have the greatest selection of strange food that you will ever see. However their chocolate, their candies, and the baked goods at Christmas are out of this world. And--they are inexpensive!

Well, it's 9:06 pm and time to get rolling. Still have to shower, get dressed, do the hair, and pack up. Sigh. I'd rather be going to bed. Someday.

No comments: