Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Sweet Money?



Two things today: renew a certificate of deposit and find something to satisfy my sweet tooth that won't pack on pounds. Well, called Sovereign Bank to find out their rates first, since they hold this CD and got a great rate of 5.21% with an annual rate of 5.35% in a 9 month index fund. Not half bad--sign me up!

I have to eat a high protein diet because of some surgery I had last year, but occasionally I still get a case of the "hungry horrors" when I crave carbohydrates. Usually I satisfy it witha handful of Reduced Fat Wheat Thins, but sometimes I want somthin' sweet and soft that just slides down--like ice cream. Unfortunately ice cream makes me as sick as a dog. I've learned that baked custard does the trick. I use 3 whole eggs, 2 cups of 1% milk, 1/3 cup of Splenda sugar substitute, a tsp of good vanilla, some nice nutmeg, and whatever spice in the cabinet piques my interest that day. Today it was CARDOMOM. Yummy! The calorie count works out to be something like 85 guilt-free calories a serving.

We're meeting with our tax lady, Mary Poston, at HR Block at Exit 6 in Nashua at 4 pm. I had a little part time job there a number of years ago and got to know all the tax preparers. Mary is one the best they have. She's been doing our taxes for years now and I dread the day I call there and some voice tells me she's retired.

I'm also back to work tonight for the next three nights, but I do have the weekend off to recuperate.

Humor for today: Redneck Special Forces!

Subject: EYE RACK.. problem solved!!

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite
fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF)

These Texas boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given
only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today. 2. There is no limit. 3. They taste just
like chicken fried steak. 4. They don't like beer, pickups, country
music or Jesus. 5. They are directly responsible for the death of
Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

No comments: